Our Response to Covid-19What is the most used word in 2020? Unprecedented, of course! The Virus That Shall Not Be Named has changed our lives in ways that were unimaginable a few short weeks ago and, I suspect, will continue to do so for a while longer.
In response to Covid-19, we have modified our policies and services to our internet and local customers.
Information for our internet customers can be found on our Shipping Policy page.
Local customers can find guidelines for coming to the Farm on our Visiting page
Local customers who wish to visit must do so by appointment only. Visits will be scheduled so they don’t affect shipping. If you’d like to visit, I ask that you:
- Make an appointment and arrive on time.
- Visitors are limited to one car at a time. We invite your relatives, neighbors and friends to make their own appointments.
- Curbside pickup is available. Please place a preorder before you come:
- Send me an email and let me know what you’d like.
- I’ll send an invoice you can pay with a credit card. Please DON’T preorder through the web site if you want to pick up at the Farm or the system will charge for shipping.
- Call when you arrive and I’ll place your order in your car for you.
- You are welcome to shop here at the Farm if you prefer. Please plan to pay with a debit or credit card – I’d like to avoid handling cash.
All events have been postponed indefinitely.
Talks on Clematis, Garden Tours AvailableDue to the demands of our mail order business, there are very limited times for the public to visit.
However, we are always happy to be open by appointment. Please call or email to schedule a visit.
Clematis, Queen of the Flowering Vines
If your garden club or other organization is interested in learning more about clematis and how to take care of them, Cindy would love to talk to your group! The presentation takes about an hour and covers plant selection, planting, placement and our very simple Frozen North Pruning System. There's lots of information on growing clematis in the Frozen North! We often have a lovely selection of plants to show, and would be happy to bring some with us. Participants receive handouts that include planting instructions, a pruning guide and a resource list of books and web sites. Rates are reasonable and references are available.
Tours for garden clubs and other groups also available! Our gardens include over 75 varieties of clematis of all types, and we grow them in all kinds of ways. See them on traditional supports, in containers, draped over rock walls, snuggling with shrubs and much more. Want to see a clematis planting demonstration? Wondering about the many ways you can grow clematis? Arrange a free tour!